Travellers Aid Personal Care Service
Travellers Aid Personal Care service assists people with a permanent disability, temporary impairment or those who are frail-aged and require assistance when they are travelling or visiting Melbourne.
Our qualified Client Support Officers (CSOs) can assist with mealtime support, communication issues and/or personal toileting for people with a disability when travelling with or without a carer. Users of mobility equipment can also access charging points. Travellers Aid Personal Care service is available at our site lounges at Flinders Street Station and Southern Cross Station.
Personal Care is free and no referral or booking is required.
Client Support Officers can provide:
- Mealtime support
- Personal care / toilet assistance
- Communication assistance for people with speech impairments or who require assistance when filling out forms
- Fully accessible bathroom facilities with ceiling hoist and adult change table. For hygiene purposes, we request that clients bring their own sling
- Wheelchair / scooter recharging facilities
- Accessible public internet computers
People who are travelling with friends, family or personal support workers are most welcome to utilise our Personal Care service.
Flinders Street Station
8:00am to 7:00pm, 7 days a week
Phone: (03) 9068 8187
Travellers Aid Australia - Flinders St
Southern Cross Station
11:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday and 11:00am to 4:00pm Saturdays and Sundays
Phone: (03) 9670 2072