Whether you have a mobility challenge or are unsure about using public transport, our trained companion service volunteers will be with you along the way.
We’re here to support you to connect, engage, and participate in your community. Volunteer companions can meet you at a public transport hub in Melbourne or Seymour and accompany you to and from:
- Social activities
Who is eligible?
- To be eligible for the companion service, service users must:
- Be over 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent/legal guardian
- Have their own transport costs covered
- Be able to travel independently, walk unassisted, or with the help of mobility equipment
- Appointment location must be accessible by public transport and within Victoria.
The Travellers Aid Companion Service is supported by V/Line and the Victorian Government.