Now that we are back out and about it is time for Travellers Aid to rebuild our volunteer workforce!
A side effect of the pandemic has been the loss of many of our more experienced volunteers who have so generously contributed their time over many years to help us to assist you.
Travellers Aid relies on volunteers to assist in the following services:
Prior to the pandemic over 150 volunteers contributed more than 3,600 hours of their own time each year meaning that we could do more with less.
With the current growth in demand for our services, we need to rebuild our volunteer workforce. We need to advertise, recruit and train up to 100 volunteers in the coming six months to be able to continue to provide our services to as many people as possible.
It costs $400 – $1,400 to recruit and train a Travellers Aid volunteer. Our volunteers undergo an extensive recruitment process including mandatory checks and training, just as all our staff do. As a result, when you meet our volunteers you can be assured that they have all the skills and experience needed to assist you when and where you need it.
We ask that you donate today to help us create a more accessible and inclusive Victoria.
Thank you for your support!
“Travellers Aid was a safe haven, with the most caring and helpful people keen to do what they could for me and the many, many people, in varied economic (some dire) circumstances I observed in my time there. Your Kindnesses touched me and I commend your Humanity. Thank You” – from a valued client
Other ways to give
A special way to honour a loved one when they pass away is by offering friends and family the opportunity to make a donation ‘in memory’to celebrate their life, instead of sending flowers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Travellers Aid Donation Refund Policy
Travellers Aid values and relies on donations received through the generosity of our service users and other supporters. We realise that sometimes circumstances change or errors are made and a donor may wish to request a refund.
A donation refund request can be made in the following circumstances;
- The person making the donation was unable to make an informed decision about the donation amount. The request for a refund can be requested by the donor or by a third party who acts on the donor’s behalf e.g., with a Power of Attorney.
- The person making the donation was experiencing personal hardship at the time the donation was made.
- The donation amount received is a duplicate donation made due to a technical error or oversight when processing the donation
- Any other written request received and reviewed by the CEO of Travellers Aid and found to be justifiable.
- A request for a refund of a donation should be made in writing and addressed to; Travellers Aid Australia, 225 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000 or via email to email@example.com
- The refund request should set out the reason(s) for the refund request and also include the donor’s name, donation date, donation amount, payment method and receipt number (if known).
- The donation amount to be refunded will be done by the same method as which it was received. Donations received via credit card will be refunded to the same card from which payment was made. Donations received by cheque or cash will be refunded in the same manner.
- If Travellers Aid staff notice duplicate donations have been made on the same day from the same donor in our online payments system, we will immediately contact the donor to confirm their intent in making two or more donations. If it is found that any second or subsequent donation was made in error, we will arrange to refund the additional donation(s) via the online payments system.