Travellers Aid is working hard to create change. But we can’t do it alone.
By supporting our Summer Appeal, you can be part of the movement towards greater disability awareness. Together we can create positive change for people with disability as we work towards making Melbourne the world’s most accessible and inclusive city.
Your donation to our Summer Appeal will help pay for better training resources, more lived-experience facilitators, and additional simulation equipment. This includes vision impairment goggles, white canes, and another age-related impairment suit.
As we prepare for another big year of leading the way on access and inclusion for all, you can help ensure our disability awareness training programs are equipped to deliver meaningful and lasting impact to as many people as possible.
Donate today and be part of the movement towards greater disability awareness.
Thank you for your support!
“Travellers Aid was a safe haven, with the most caring and helpful people keen to do what they could for me and the many, many people, in varied economic (some dire) circumstances I observed in my time there. Your Kindnesses touched me and I commend your Humanity. Thank You” – from a valued client
Other ways to give
A special way to honour a loved one when they pass away is by offering friends and family the opportunity to make a donation ‘in memory’to celebrate their life, instead of sending flowers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Travellers Aid Donation Refund Policy
Travellers Aid values and relies on donations received through the generosity of our service users and other supporters. We realise that sometimes circumstances change or errors are made and a donor may wish to request a refund.
A donation refund request can be made in the following circumstances;
- The person making the donation was unable to make an informed decision about the donation amount. The request for a refund can be requested by the donor or by a third party who acts on the donor’s behalf e.g., with a Power of Attorney.
- The person making the donation was experiencing personal hardship at the time the donation was made.
- The donation amount received is a duplicate donation made due to a technical error or oversight when processing the donation
- Any other written request received and reviewed by the CEO of Travellers Aid and found to be justifiable.
- A request for a refund of a donation should be made in writing and addressed to; Travellers Aid Australia, 225 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000 or via email to email@example.com
- The refund request should set out the reason(s) for the refund request and also include the donor’s name, donation date, donation amount, payment method and receipt number (if known).
- The donation amount to be refunded will be done by the same method as which it was received. Donations received via credit card will be refunded to the same card from which payment was made. Donations received by cheque or cash will be refunded in the same manner.
- If Travellers Aid staff notice duplicate donations have been made on the same day from the same donor in our online payments system, we will immediately contact the donor to confirm their intent in making two or more donations. If it is found that any second or subsequent donation was made in error, we will arrange to refund the additional donation(s) via the online payments system.