Buggy Training Workshop
The Buggy Training Workshop is available to industry partners ONLY.
Participants in this training workshop will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to safely drive a non-rail vehicle in the Southern Cross Station precinct.
Participants will also gain an understanding of:
- Non-Rail vehicle manual
- Rail Safety Regulations 2006
- Rail Safety Act 2006
- Victorian OH&S Legislation
- OHSAS 18001 OH&S Management.
Workshop methods will include theory, participation, practical and evaluation.
Workshop topics include:
OPERATIONAL AREA – Southern Cross Station
- Facility (within the building structure)
- Basement / service tunnels
- Coach transit area and specified paths leading to coach transit area and loading bays
- Pathways put in place for special circumstances.
PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT- for patrons and station staff alike
- Identification of relevant hazards, risks and controls
- Adherence to and enforcement of, NRVPE Policy
- Investigation of accidents with appropriate outcomes and improvements documented (Incident reporting).
SAFE OPERATIONS RULES – Non Rail Vehicles, Plant & Equipment (NRVPE)
- Pre-operating NRVPE checks
- Traversing ANY concourse or public area
- Driving tunnels and ramps
- No go zones
- Traffic signal operations
- Platform rules.
- 6 or more participants $220 per person plus GST
- 5 participants $264 per person plus GST
- 3 – 4 participants $330 per person plus GST
Payment for the course must be made prior to the training.
Workshop Cost Includes:
- Online copy of Non Rail Vehicles, Plant & Equipment (NRVPE) manual
- Qualified Trainer
- Certificate of attainment
- Buggy driver ID card.
Please note: training is only available on Thursdays. For more information or to make a booking, please contact us on 03 9654 2600 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please fill out the application form below.