Leave a gift in your will

Leave a gift in your will

Helping travellers in need for years to come.

Including Travellers Aid Australia in your will by leaving a Bequest helps us to plan for the future. Ultimately, it ensures we continue to provide practical solutions for travellers in need right across Australia.

Contact info@travellersaid.org.au to find out more.

“I was on the Board of Travellers Aid Australia for 9 years and have witnessed the remarkable difference this organisation makes in the day-to-day lives of people living with mobility needs. I made the decision to include Travellers Aid Australia in my will. I urge you to do the same. By leaving a little I can make a great difference.”

Bernie Delaney

Past President, Travellers Aid Australia

Next steps to planning my gift

In order to leave a bequest you need to create a will. If you do not have a Will, you need to get some legal advice for creating one. If you already have a Will, then all you need to do is add a codicil a short legal amendment to your existing Will. There are many different types of gifts, be sure to choose the one that best suits you and your family.

Residue: Percentage

After you have looked after your loved ones, a percentage of the remainder (residue) of your estate will be given.

A specific dollar amount

An exact dollar amount you wish to give.

Residue: Whole

After you’ve allocated specific bequests, the remainder (residue) of your estate will be gifted.

Specific item

You may wish to leave a specific gift, for example property, shares or a piece of art.

For your gift to Travellers Aid Australia we recommend the following wording for your legal adviser’s consideration:

“I, (insert name) give, devise and bequeath,? to Travellers Aid Australia (ABN 79004080862) Level 3, 225 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, free of all duties and taxes:

a)          The sum of $ (insert amount); or
b)          The whole of my estate; or
c)          A (insert amount)% of my estate; or
d)          The residue of my estate (or (insert amount)% of the residue of my estate); or
e)          The units I hold at the time of my death in (insert trust name) Trust; or
f)           The shares I hold at the time of my death in (insert company name) Ltd; or
g)          The real property I own at the time of my death.

The receipt of the treasurer, secretary or public officer for the time being of is an absolute discharge to my executor.”

For more information on leaving a gift please call (03) 9654 2600 or email info@travellersaid.org.au