Travellers Aid is delighted to share with you an innovative new program we have available in metropolitan Melbourne and selected regional centres, including Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Seymour and Traralgon.
With one in eight Australians caring for a family member or friend in an unpaid capacity, providing respite is an important part of caring for those who care. Respite enables the carer to take a break and recharge while they are confident that their loved one is engaged in an activity they enjoy.
The Time Out program provides respite for unpaid carers who look after parents, partners, adult children, or other family members, so that they can have some time out to attend to their own personal needs.
Here’s how it works:
- Using public transport, we can accompany people to and from attractions, events, appointments, or other day-to-day activities either as an added support for the Carer or as the replacement Carer.
- We will meet the care recipient, who may have travelled with their carer into a regional centre or into metropolitan Melbourne and accompany them on fun and flexible activities.
- Activities will be tailored to individual preferences and will include a range of options such as visiting a local attraction; enjoying an art gallery or museum; attending a music concert or the theatre; experiencing the ambience of a local park or a regional zoo; attending a local farmers’ market or the Queen Victoria market.
- We are able to provide limited personal care such as meal assistance.
- Our services are provided with the highest level of care, respect and dignity.
All Travellers Aid Volunteers and staff delivering the service are screened and suitably trained.
For more information email BookNow@travellersaid.org.au or call (03) 9068 8187.