Transport Alternatives Program
Are you an older adult who wants to explore ways to stay independent and active?
Many older adults who have driven for much of their lives are now driving less, or not at all, but still need to get around. Travellers Aid will be delivering the Transport Alternatives Program (TAP) within the City of Moonee Valley
The program includes information and opportunities to try different ways to get around. Some of the things covered in the program include:
- Using Myki
- Getting a half price taxi (if eligible)
- Planning your journey (with or without a smart phone)
- Safe and accessible ways to use Public Transport
- Walking and cycling paths
- And, much, much more!
Get confident using alternative transport options available in your area supported by Travellers Aid in a friendly, fun and safe environment.
This free program can be tailored to your needs and preferences through:
- Group training sessions
- Local coffee meet-ups with small groups of people in similar situations or
- One on one guidance from a travel mentor
Information sessions will be running across Moonee Valley’s neighbourhood houses or you can arrange a private session for your club or group. If you would like more information or to register your interest please email email@example.com, or call us on call 03 9069 6717.
Supported by the Department of Transport & TAC: