Thank you for your Booking request.
We have sent you a booking confirmation to your supplied email address.
If you would like to cancel your booking please email email@example.com or call us on 0498 023 959.
Pickup and drop-off location
Travellers Aid Marquee inside MIFGS, Carlton Gardens near the main fountain.
- Understand and agree to the Conditions of Hire;
- Understand and agree to the Disclaimer;
- Understand that each individual equipment hire is subject to a refundable deposit;
- Understand that the hire charge needs to be paid in full on collection of the equipment;
- Understand that the deposit is to be held by Travellers Aid until successful completion of hire. Deposit may be forfeited in cases of damage caused by negligence and breach of duty of care;
- Will allow a minimum of 15 minutes upon return of the equipment so that TAA staff are able to properly inspect the equipment for any damages;
- Understand that Travellers Aid Australia reserves the right to charge for late return of equipment at the hourly rate of the hire
Conditions of Hire
- Eligible Hirers –A valid form of photo ID must be produced and will be copied as proof of identification prior to rental of equipment.
Equipment hire fees and refundable deposits:
- A full copy of all equipment hire fees is available at www.travellersaid.org.au
- The equipment hire fee is to be paid in full on collection of the equipment from the designated pick-up location.
- A refundable cash deposit of $20 per hire item is to be paid by the hirer and will be held for the duration of the hire.
- GST is NOT charged on wheelchair hire nor on the refundable deposit. All other prices are inclusive of GST.
- The hire rate will be applied from the start of the booking hire period until the equipment is returned.
- The equipment should be returned to the original hire location at the end of the hire period.
- If the hired equipment is used for a shorter period than the booking hire period, due to a late pick-up or an early return, Travellers Aid reserves the right to charge the full hire fees for the booking period.
- The refundable deposit will be returned to the hirer once the equipment has been checked and is undamaged on return.
- Late return:
- Equipment must be returned in accordance with the booking or other agreement.
- It is expected that you notify Travellers Aid if you cannot return the equipment on agreed time, date, and location. Late fees will be applied either by the hourly rate or daily depending on the extension that is required.
- The equipment is damaged prior to hiring or is not working correctly.
- The equipment is unsafe.
- The equipment is significantly different from the described equipment.
- The equipment does not do what we said it would.
- The equipment is not fit for the purpose that the customer requested.
- The customer returns the equipment within the hire period.
- The goods were not damaged by the hirer during the period of hire.
- The equipment must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and any written and oral directions of Travellers Aid Australia.
- The Hirer must not use the equipment for any illegal purpose including in breach of any legislation, regulations, rules or laws. The Hirer especially agrees not to contravene the Road Rules in force at the time of hire and to be personally liable for any consequences of irresponsible action or behaviours, including civil and criminal liabilities, resulting from the hire or use of the equipment.
- The Hirer shall use the equipment in a proper manner and shall maintain the equipment in good and substantial repair and condition, reasonable wear and tear excepted.
- Any damage to the hired equipment during the duration of hire (other than normal wear and tear) is of full responsibility of the hirer.
- The Hirer must take all reasonable care to protect the equipment from theft and burglary.
- The Hirer is liable for, and agrees to, compensate the owner of the equipment for any loss of damage to the equipment.
- The Hirer accepts all responsibility for and will pay for all loss and damage to the equipment from whatever cause the same may arise, during the period of hire (fair wear and tear excepted).
- The Hirer (including any related parties) accepts all responsibility for injury or damage caused during the period of hire to any person or property and indemnifies, or holds harmless and releases Travellers Aid Australia, from all liabilities in respect of all claims in connection therewith.
- The Hirer warrants that he/she is not suffering from any physical, medical, psychological, or medicinal reason/condition that means they should not hire and use the equipment or if such hire or use is contrary to medical advice or may put the Hirer or others at risk. If in doubt, the Hirer must seek medical advice or clearance prior to hiring and using the equipment.
- Any warranty, condition, description, or representation, whether express of implied, as to the state, quality, or fitness of the equipment hire is excluded. Travellers Aid Australia will not be responsible or liable to the Hirer or any third party, whether on the grounds of breach of contractual duty or negligence, for any loss or damage, directly or indirectly suffered or sustained by the Hirer or the third party, arising from any defects or malfunction, breakdown, or failure of performance of the equipment or otherwise and the Hirer exonerates and releases Travellers Aid Australia from all claims and demands in respect thereof.