We are professional, ethical and accountable
At Travellers Aid Australia our clients and stakeholders come first. We're committed to doing things professionally, ethically, transparently and with full accountability.
Travellers Aid Australia's Board, staff and volunteers are guided by the Travellers Aid Australia Constitution and the Corporations Law Act 2001 (Cth) which sets out Travellers Aid Australia as a Company Limited by Guarantee.
As a public benevolent institution, Travellers Aid Australia has endorsement for:
- Charity Tax Concessions (TCC)
- Deductible Gift Recipiency (DGR)
We hold Public and Products Liability insurance to the value of $20 million each and indemnities insurance under the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority - Community Service Organisations Program.
All Travellers Aid Australia Financial Statements are fully audited by external auditors. Our current external auditor is HLB Mann Judd.
Our leadership and oversight
Our Organisation Structure seeks to reflect the best structure possible for achieving effective, caring outcomes for our clients and stakeholders.
Our Board of Directors, who are at the apex of our organisation, is made up of a President, Vice-President, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary / Lawyer, and four additional Board members. They ensure the needs of our clients and stakeholders are met clearly, consistently and with an ongoing commitment to social justice.
More specifically, in partnership with each other and the CEO of Travellers Aid Australia, the Board:
- Provides strategic direction and guides the adoption our corporate strategy
- Identifies risks to Travellers Aid Australia's operations and monitors our Risk Management Plan on a six monthly basis
- Assist with developing and implementing Travellers Aid Australia's Business Continuity Plan and Pandemic Plan
- Monitors the performance of Travellers Aid Australia and senior management, including the CEO
- Ensures that appropriate procedures are in place so that Travellers Aid Australia's business is always conducted in an honest, open and ethical manner
- Approves Travellers Aid Australia's annual budget and financial policies
- Makes available their individual and collective expertise to assist
Travellers Aid Australia in its work for client
The Board of Director's Roles and Responsibilities, and a Board Charter provides further detail and guidance regarding the Board's structure and approach.
We are committed to meeting our required standards of governance to ensure the organisation's smooth running. This also helps ensure that the Board is able to guide Travellers Aid Australia with maximum excellence and efficiency.
Our staff and volunteers operate under a Board-approved Strategic Plan, and subsequent Business Plans.
In our 2008-2013 Strategic Plan, our five major priorities are to:
- Deliver high quality services to meet current and future customer needs and expectations
- Provide well known and easy to find services
- Grow solutions for travellers through partnerships and collaboration
- Position Travellers Aid Australia as an integral part of the transport system and tourism industry
- Build a strong, effective, sustainable governance and business culture.
Thanks to the passion of our Board, staff and volunteers, 90% of the 2008-2013 Strategic Plan has been completed.
A new five-year Strategic Plan is currently in development and is due for release in August 2011.
Our client focus
At Travellers Aid Australia, we put the health, wellbeing and safety of our clients first.
To achieve this, we implement a client-focused, multi-skilling approach to staff training. All of our Client Support Officers are fully trained in the areas of personal care assistance, first aid, travel support, buggy support and responding to customer inquiries. This ensures our continual responsiveness and best practice when assisting travellers in need.
We also believe in reciprocity. Our Client Rights & Responsibilities Charter reflects the mutually beneficial and respectful relationship we have with people who use our service
In a nutshell, we're committed to the best outcomes for our clients and other members of the travelling public.